These rules and regulations have been adopted for the purpose of ensuring order and safety in the building, of maintaining the rights of Tenant, and of the Landlord. All terms and conditions in your lease remain in full force and effect.
1. The sidewalks, entrances, passages, courts, elevators, vestibules, stairways, corridors or halls shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress. Landlord shall control the Common Areas.
2. No awnings or other projections shall be attached to the outside walls of the Building. No curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window or door of the Leased Premises other than Landlord standard window coverings without Landlord's prior written approval. All electric ceiling fixtures hung in offices or spaces along the perimeter of the Building must be fluorescent, of a quality, type, design and tube color approved by Landlord. Neither the interior nor the exterior of any windows shall be coated or otherwise sunscreened without written consent of Landlord.
3. No sign, advertisement, notice or handbill shall be exhibited, distributed, painted or affixed by any tenant on, about or from any part of the Leased Premises, the Building or in the Common Areas including the parking area without the prior written consent of Landlord. In the event of the violation of the foregoing by any tenant, Landlord may remove or stop same without any liability, and may charge the expense incurred in such removal or stopping to tenant. The lobby directory will be provided exclusively for the display of the name and location of tenants only, and Landlord reserves the right to exclude any other names therefrom. Nothing may be placed on the exterior of corridor walls or corridor doors other than Landlord's standard lettering.
4. The sashes, sash doors, windows, and doors that reflect or admit light and air into halls, passageways or other public places in the Building shall not be covered or obstructed by tenant.
5. The sinks and toilets and other plumbing fixtures shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, or other substances shall be thrown therein. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by the tenant who, or whose subtenants, assignees or any of their servants, employees, agents, visitors or licensees shall have caused the same.
6. No tenant shall mark, paint, drill into, or in any way deface any part of the Leased Premises or the Building (except for nails for the display of artwork). No boring, cutting or stringing of wires or laying of any floor coverings shall be permitted, except with the prior written consent of the Landlord and as the Landlord may direct. Landlord shall direct electricians as to where and how telephone or data cabling are to be introduced. No boring or cutting for wires or stringing of wires will be allowed without written consent of Landlord. The location of telephones, call boxes and other office equipment affixed to the Leased Premises shall be subject to the approval of Landlord.
7. No bicycles, vehicles, birds or animals of any kind (except seeing eye dogs) shall be brought into or kept in or about the Leased Premises, and no cooking shall be done or permitted by any tenant on the Leased Premises, except microwave cooking, and the preparation of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar items for tenants and their employees. No tenant shall cause or permit any unusual or objectionable odors to be produced in or permeate from the Leased Premises.
8. The Leased Premises shall not be used for manufacturing or for the storage of merchandise except as such storage may be incidental to the permitted use of the Leased Premises. No tenant shall occupy or permit any portion of the Leased Premises to be occupied as an office for the manufacture or sale of liquor, narcotics, or tobacco in any form; a medical office; a barber or manicure shop; dance, exercise or music studio; any type of school or daycare a copy, photographic or print shop; or an employment bureau without the express written consent of Landlord. The Leased Premises shall not be used for lodging or sleeping or for any immoral or illegal purpose.
9. No tenant shall make or permit to be made any unseemly, excessive or disturbing noises or disturb or interfere with occupants of this or neighboring buildings or premises or those having business with them, whether by the use of any musical instrument, radio, phonograph, unusual noise, or in any other way. No tenant shall throw anything out of doors, windows or down the passageways.
10. No tenant, subtenant or assignee, nor any of its servants, employees, agents, visitors or licensees, shall at any time bring or keep upon the Leased Premises any flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, chemical or substance or firearm.
11. No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows by any tenant, nor shall any changes be made to existing locks or the mechanism thereof. Each tenant must, upon the termination of its tenancy, restore to the Landlord all keys to doors, offices, and toilet rooms, either furnished to or otherwise procured by, such tenant and in the event of the loss of keys so furnished, such tenant shall pay to the Landlord the cost of replacing the same or of changing the lock or locks opened by such lost key if Landlord shall deem it necessary to make such changes.
12. No tenant shall overload the floors of the Leased Premises. All damage to the floor, structure or foundation of the Building due to improper positioning of storage items or materials shall be repaired by Landlord at the sole cost and expense of tenant, who shall reimburse Landlord immediately therefore upon demand. All removals or the carrying in or out of any safes, freight, furniture, or bulky matter of any description must take place during the hours that Landlord shall reasonably determine from time to time. The moving of safes or other fixtures or bulky matter of any kind must be done upon previous notice to Landlord and under Landlord's supervision, and the persons employed by any tenant for such work must be acceptable to Landlord. Landlord reserves the right to inspect all safes, freight or other bulky articles to be brought into the Building and to exclude from the Building all safes, freight or other bulky articles which violate any of these Rules and Regulations or the Lease of which these Rules and Regulations are a part. The Landlord reserves the right to prescribe the weight and position of all safes, which must be placed upon supports approved by Landlord to distribute the weight.
13. Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by any tenant that, in Landlord's opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as an office location, and upon written notice from Landlord any tenant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
14. The business hours for the Building shall be 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, excluding legal holidays. Landlord reserves the right to require all persons entering the Building between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. and at all hours on Saturday, Sunday and legal holidays to register with Landlord's security personnel. Each tenant shall be responsible for all persons entering the Building at tenant's invitation, express or implied. Landlord shall in no case be liable for damages for any error with regard to the admission to or exclusion from the Building of any person. In case of an invasion, mob riot, public excitement or other circumstances rendering such action advisable in Landlord's opinion, Landlord reserves the right without any abatement of rent to require all persons to vacate the Building and to prevent access to the Building during the continuance of the same for the safety of the tenants and the protection of the Building and the property in the Building.
15. No tenant shall purchase janitorial or maintenance or other like services from any person or persons not approved by Landlord. Any persons employed by any tenant to do janitorial work or other work in the Leased Premises shall, while in the Building and outside of the Leased Premises, be subject to and under the control and direction of Landlord (but not as an agent or servant of Landlord), and tenant shall be responsible for all acts of such persons.
16. Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building are prohibited, and each tenant shall report and otherwise cooperate to prevent the same.
17. All office equipment of any electrical or mechanical nature shall be placed by tenant in the Leased Premises in settings that will, to the maximum extent possible, absorb or prevent any vibration, noise and annoyance.
18. No air-conditioning unit or other similar apparatus shall be installed or used by any tenant without the written consent of Landlord.
19. There shall not be used in any space, or in the public halls of the Building, either by any tenant or others, any hand trucks except those equipped with rubber tires and rubber side guards.
20. The scheduling of tenant move-ins shall be before or after normal business hours and on weekends, subject to the reasonable discretion of Landlord.
21. The Building is a smoke-free Building. Smoking is strictly prohibited within the Building. Smoking shall only be allowed in areas designated as a smoking area by Landlord. Tenant and its employees, representatives, contractors or invitees shall not smoke within the Building or throw cigar or cigarette butts or other substances or litter of any kind in or about the Building, except in receptacles for that purpose. Landlord may, at its sole discretion, impose a charge against monthly rent of $50.00 per violation by tenant or any of its employees, representatives, contractors or invitees, of this smoking policy.
22. Tenants will ensure that all doors are securely locked, and water faucets, electric lights and electric machinery are turned off before leaving the Building.
23. Parking spaces associated with the Building are intended for the exclusive use of passenger automobiles. Except for intermittent deliveries, no vehicles other than passenger automobiles may be parked in a parking space without the express written permission of Landlord. Tenant, its employees, customers, invitees and guests shall, when using the parking facilities in and around the Building, observe and obey all signs regarding fire lanes and no-parking and driving speed zones and designated handicapped and visitor spaces, and when parking always park between the designated lines. Each vehicle shall park in one parking space only. Landlord reserves the right to tow away, at the expense of the owner, any vehicle which is improperly parked or parked in a no-parking zone or in a designated handicapped area, and any vehicle which is left in any parking lot in violation of the foregoing regulations. All vehicles shall be parked at the sole risk of the owner, and Landlord assumes no responsibility for any damage to or loss of vehicles except to the extent arising out of the negligence or willful misconduct of Landlord, the managing agent or any of their respective partners, directors, officers, agents or employees.
24. Tenant shall be responsible for and cause the proper disposal of medical waste, including hypodermic needles, created by its employees. It is Landlord's desire to maintain in the Building and Common Areas the highest standard of dignity and good taste consistent with comfort and convenience for tenants. Any action or condition not meeting this high standard should be reported directly to Landlord. The Landlord reserves the right to make such other and further rules and regulations as in its judgment may from time to time be necessary for the safety, care and cleanliness of the Building and Common Areas, and for the preservation of good order therein.